As we move forward with our lives, we find ourselves getting busier with each passing day. This means that we have even less time than ever before to prepare healthy and nutritious meals. Unfortunately, this often results in unhealthy food choices which in the long run can lead to a host of medical issues. However, staying healthy doesn’t always mean that you need to invest a lot of time and money in cooking. In fact, there are a number of easy and tasty recipes that you can try out to ensure that you are eating healthy even while you are busy with work and other activities.
Here are 10 easy and delicious recipes that you can try out for your busy weeknights.
1. Chicken Parmesan – This classic Italian dish is easy to make, delicious and healthy. All you need to do is top a grilled chicken breast with tomato sauce and a sprinkling of parmesan cheese. Then, bake in the oven and serve.
2. Oven-Baked Salmon – This is a very healthy recipe that requires only a handful of ingredients. Simply season your salmon with salt, pepper and lemon juice and bake in the oven until cooked. Serve with a side of steamed vegetables for a complete meal.
3. Stir-Fried Vegetables – This is another healthy and quick recipe that you can try out. All you need to do is stir fry some vegetables of your choice in a wok with a little oil and soy sauce. Serve with rice for a delicious and filling meal.
4. Creamy Mushroom Pasta – This is a great pasta recipe that is easy to make and truly satisfying. Simply cook your pasta according to the package directions and set aside. Then, sauté some mushrooms in a little butter until soft and add some cream. Mix in your pasta and serve with grated parmesan cheese.
5. Vegetable Fried Rice – This is another tasty and healthy recipe that you can try out. Simply cook some rice and set aside. Then, sauté some vegetables in a wok with a little oil and soy sauce. Mix in the rice and stir fry for a few minutes until heated through.
6. Tacos – Tacos are a great meal option that can be easily customized to suit your taste. Simply buy some tortillas, top with your favorite fillings and serve.
7. Grilled Chicken Wraps – This is another tasty and healthy recipe that you can try out. Simply grill some chicken and set aside. Then, add some lettuce, tomato, cheese and avocado to a large tortilla wrap. Top with the grilled chicken and serve.
8. Spaghetti Bolognese – This is a classic Italian pasta dish that is easy to make and delicious. Simply cook your spaghetti according to the package directions and set aside. Then, cook some minced beef in a pan and add some tomato sauce. Mix in your spaghetti and serve.
9. Fajitas – This Mexican-inspired recipe is easy to make and delicious. Simply grill some chicken and set aside. Then, sauté some onion and pepper in a little oil and wrap in a tortilla with the chicken. Top with sour cream, lettuce and cheese.
10. Shrimp Stir Fry – This is a quick and tasty recipe that you can try out. Simply stir fry some shrimp in a wok with some garlic, ginger and soy sauce. Serve with a side of steamed vegetables for a healthy and complete meal.
In conclusion, cooking healthy and nutritious meals doesn’t have to be a complicated and time-consuming process. With these 10 easy and delicious recipes, you can easily prepare healthy meals for your busy weeknights without sacrificing on taste. So, next time you are short on time, try out these easy and tasty recipes and ensure that you are staying healthy and happy.